Social Media Chat

The Power of Social Media

Hello, SMChatters.

A few weeks ago in our collaboration chat, we touched briefly on how social media creates meaningful connections, invokes a collaborative spirit, and brings people who'd be otherwise disconnected together -- hey, look around, that's how we all ended up here, right?

The conversation moved quickly, so in this week's discussion, let's stop to explore how these connections might foster real-time action both for mission-driven organizations and social changemakers alike. Should be a lively, relevant exchange for folks working in the non-profit space as well as anyone who's part of a greater community and looking to share ideas.

With that in mind, here are some questions for us to consider:

- What characteristics make for a cohesive community? What is community?
- What needs to be present within that community to ensure its members take action?
- Who ultimately "owns" the effort? Where does accountability come in?
- How can we use social media to spur action beyond discussion? Specific tools? Advice? Lessons learned?

Please join in!

Oh, and for those of you I haven't yet met, I'm Rabia Shirazi (@realize_ink by day, @rabiashirazi when I'm not working, which is pretty much never), #smchat's resident non-profiteer and social change gal. I also run a strategic communications shop exclusively for the changemaking community and am always eager to engage in good conversations with smart people like yourselves. I'm very excited to host this week's #smchat and welcome your feedback and additional questions to consider.

See you Wednesday!

Tags: change, nonprofit, social

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really excited about this topic, Rabi, and having you on board as moderator and one of our very first "chat stream editors". You are Sharon are blazing a new trail. Let's all be on the lookout for those interested in branching out into new streams.

Meantime, we're looking forward to an insightful and successful Q39 .. !!

Chris

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Remy Arteaga.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

"